Study In Canada Scholarship
Centennial College is accepting applications to the Study In Canada Scholarship
The new Study in Canada Scholarships program aims to increase opportunities for post-secondary institutions across Canada to welcome international students from around the world. The program will offer full academic scholarships for up to two years of study at the post-secondary level that leads to a diploma, post-secondary or post-graduate certificate at Centennial College.
For more detailed information, please visit the official EduCanada website. We have summarized the program and next steps below.
Scholarship valueThe scholarship value varies depending on the duration, level and program of study:
- Up to CAD 60,000 for programs of one academic year in duration
- Up to CAD 120,000 for programs of two academic years in duration
- Scholarships are for a minimum of one academic year and up to a maximum of two academic years (up to 20 months total, including one intervening spring/summer term of up to 4 months).
- Scholarship recipients may commence their studies or research as early as August 2020 for the fall semester but no later than February 2021 for the winter semester.
- Candidates must be citizens of one of the following eligible countries: Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Comoros, Djibouti, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Liberia, Mauritania, Micronesia, Palau, Tonga, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Vanuatu, and Palestinian students from the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem are also eligible.
- Candidates must not hold Canadian citizenship and must not have applied for permanent residency in Canada.
- Candidates must apply for admission to a full time academic program at a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- The scholarship recipient:
- Must engage in full-time studies or research as defined by the Canadian institution;
- Must be proficient in the language of instruction at the Canadian institution (English or French) before their arrival in Canada as the scholarship does not cover language training.
- Must maintain good academic standing in order to remain eligible for the scholarship.
If you are a current Centennial students, please click here.
Application process for new prospective students
Candidates must apply for admission to an academic program at Centennial College. Please email your Admissions representative based on your country of citizenship below. You must also submit a Letter of Motivation to express why you wish to be considered for this scholarship.
STEP 1: Submit academic application to Centennial College: Deadline March 1, 2020
- Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan | Maxim Gromyko: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bhutan, Palestinian students from the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem | Irene Lee: email@example.com
- Comoros, Djibouti, Mauritania | Jose Enock De Oliveira Neto: JDeOliveiraNeto@centennialcollege.ca
- Fiji, Kiribati, Micronesia, Palau, Tonga, Vanuatu | Di Wang: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liberia | Kehinde Agoyi: KAgoyi@centennialcollege.ca
STEP 2: Centennial College to review applications and notify students: by March 16, 2020
- Centennial will review your application to ensure you meet the eligibility for the academic program to which you are applying. If you meet these academic requirements, you will be moved to the next stage.
- Due to limited funding, we have 2 additional requirements to shortlist the applications for the scholarship:
- We will select those with a strong academic background, demonstrated through an equivalent of a 3.0 GPA or B average.
- We will also review your Letter of Motivation. We are looking for your reason for applying for this scholarship; your motivation for pursuing this specific academic program at Centennial College; how your studies may contribute to developing ties between your home country and Canada
- Upon reviewing the above, we will shortlist up to 20 applications to submit to the Study in Canada Scholarship.
- Those who are not shortlisted, will be notified and will need to pay the deposit and go through regular admissions process to secure their spot at Centennial College.
STEP 3: Notification of the Scholarship results: by May 31, 2020
- Students who receive the scholarship will be notified and we will provide you with next steps to get ready to study at Centennial College.
- Students who do not receive the scholarship, will need to pay the regular deposit and proceed with regular admissions processes to continue to hold their spot.
Should you have any questions about the process of this application, please email Marla Mazer: email@example.com